It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4.0.1 Traditional Planning - why do I not see plan resource "team" subsections under a user that is a member of a team?

Donald Poulin (2249119107) | asked Mar 09 '13, 2:42 p.m.

I have two separat RTC 4.0.1 environments configured the same way with an RTC project area created using the Formal (Traditional) template.

In both environments I have teams defined with the member in the project area and also in the a team area. I create work items and assign to categories and create a plan.

In one evironment when I open the Resources tab for the plan, for each member I see a "subsection" for the project and a "subsection" for the appropriate team where I can set allocation percent for either one or both  If I remove a member from a team - the team "subsection" under that user on the resources tab disappears. And conversely if I add a member to a team a team "subsection" appears under that user on the resources tab.

In the other environment which is configured and set up the same way when I open the resources tab for the plan I see a single allocation record for each user which has no "label" (in other words not the name of the project and not the name of any team).  When I add or remove members from a team I see no change to the resources tab.

What could be causing the difference?

Comments
Millard Ellingsworth commented Mar 11 '13, 8:26 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

So both project areas have the same team areas, timelines, phase configuration and you are looking at the same plan type with the same view? When you say "setup the same way", how really similar are they? Have any process configurations been done? Any plan view differences? Which plan type and view are you using?

Donald Poulin commented Mar 12 '13, 5:36 a.m.

The only difference is that one environment started out a 4.0 and that is where the plan was initially created and then RTC was upgraded to 4.0.1 and the other environment was started at 4.0.1.

The environment that started at 4.0 is the one where the resource tab of the plan does not show any "subsections" for allocation by process(project/team) name. All it shows is a single allocation record "unlabelled" with the allocation percent based on the users membership in teams. So for example if "this" user is a member of the project and a member of TEAMA - then the single unlabelled allocation record shows 50%. I can go to the user's record in the web client and see the specific allocation split and make adjustments there if needed - but I am not able to make adjustments directly in the resourse tab of the plan.

I am looking at the Work Breakdown and Schedule view but it doesn't seem to matter waht view - the resources tab of the plan seems to be the same.

Millard Ellingsworth commented Mar 12 '13, 6:34 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Are the projects the same on both systems? Did you migrate data from one to the other? I don't think much happened development-wise in this area between 4.0 and 4.0.1, so I'm wondering if there may be a structural difference in the team areas or timelines that could account for this. 

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.