It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Questions regarding Social Network feature in RTC

Kot T. (1.5k11219) | asked Jan 29 '14, 9:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
1. What is the purpose of the social network config in USER profile versus PROJECT? Why does the user have to configure in user profile first before being able to configure in a project.

2. Can a project have more than one community?

3. How to completely remove the selected community in a project?

4. How does it work when project members belong to diff community?

5. In case of invalid URL in the project's social network page, what is the best way to address the problem?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Jan 30 '14, 7:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Kot,

point 1. seems like a good starting point for a valid Enhancement Request.
the Enhancement Request 284904 mentions that point 3. is not currently possible. Enhancement Request 212434 calls for the ability to have multiple social connections defined per user (point 2. and 4.)
I took the liberty of linking this forum entry to both. Please feel free to subscribe and generate comments / activity in these Enhancement Requests to express what is important for you in using this integration.
Regarding point 5., can you specify in what UI you are seeing what specific problem as a result of the invalid URL?

If this answers your question, please mark it as accepted.

- Arne

Kot T. selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kot T. commented Jan 30 '14, 11:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Arne,

Thank you for your feedback and for the links to existing Enhancement requests. I do have further question for #1. Do you know of any reason behind this current design?

Thanks,

Kot

Arne Bister commented Jan 30 '14, 4:18 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Kot,

I have no clue about the reason behind the current design. My guess: it is technically convenient and/or necessary and nobody asked for it to be changed yet. If I find another reason upon more research I will post it here.

- Arne

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.