It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RSA 8.5 and DM 4.0.1: Don't see the "Save" option on properties dialog

Frank Ning (50025119133) | asked Mar 02 '13, 8:47 a.m.

Hello,

On Rational Software Architect connecting to a DM project area, I opened "Properties Dialog" of the "Main" class diagram in a package "Service Design" and changed the "Main" to "Allocate Dividend Diagram".

However, nowhere I can find the option to "Save" my change.

Could not find save option

Comments
Frank Ning commented Mar 02 '13, 8:49 a.m.

I found that if I click any other area inside IDE, the changes are saved and the dialog disappeared. This is so weird behavior... I expected to see "Save" button but I don't.

One answer

permanent link
W Diu (58026) | answered Mar 04 '13, 9:58 a.m.
There is no save button in the popup properties dialog.  The save button is only for the main editors.
Assuming the "Share with others on save" option is disabled int the Design Changes view, you can discard the changeset that contains your change by right clicking on the changeset and choosing the "Discard changes" action.  However, that discards your entire change.
If you aren't creating an element, the other alternative is to use the Properties view, which will not save the changes automatically.  In that case, you can use "Undo" to undo your change.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.