It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does deploy of EWM 6.0.6.1 fail after following extensions workshop lab 6 deploy steps?

Keith Eberhard (19114) | asked Apr 07 '21, 12:30 p.m.
Running server.startup.bat results in a java.lang.StackOverflowError.

I have successfully completed labs 1 through 5 of the EWM extensions workshop. I am using eclipse neon (4.2.3) and EWM 6.0.6.1. After following the deploy steps in lab 6, applicable files in the EWM6061Dev1/installs/JazzTeamServer/servber/conf/ccm are as follows.

Contents of the buildOnState.ini file in the provision_profiles directory :
url=file:ccm/sites/buildOnState-update-site
featureid=net.jazz.rtcext.workitem.extensions.server.feature

Contents of the buildOnState-update-site/features directory:
net.jazz.rtcext.workitem.extensions.server.feature_1.0.0.202103311345.jar

Contents of the buildOnState-update-site/plugins directory:
net.jazz.rtcext.workitem.extensions.common_1.0.0.202103311345.jar
net.jazz.rtcext.workitem.extensions.service_1.0.0.202103311345.jar

Contents of the site.xml file in the buildOnState-update-site directory:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<site>
   <feature url="features/net.jazz.rtcext.workitem.extensions.server.feature_1.0.0.202103311345.jar" id="net.jazz.rtcext.workitem.extensions.server.feature" version="1.0.0.202103311345"/>
</site>

The contents of the built-on.txt file in the \EWM6061Dev\installs\JazzTeamServer\server\liberty\servers\clm\workarea\org.eclipse.osgi\91\data\temp\default_node\SMF_WebContainer\jts\jts directory is:
built: 2019-03-26 17:27:59 EDT; build: RJF-SERVER-I20190326-1717

Before running server.startup.bat, I deleted the built-on.txt file.

When I run server.startup.bat, the cmd window shows CLM server started. However, the ccm.log contains the following  error:

2021-04-07 09:58:51,353 [       Launch callback handler] ERROR eam.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService  - CRJAZ0288E The "net.jazz.rtcext.workitem.extensions.server.feature" profile feature could not be installed from the "file:ccm/sites/buildOnState-update-site" update site that is referenced in the "C:\EWM606~1\installs\JAZZTE~1\server\conf\ccm\provision_profiles\buildOnState.ini" profile file.
java.lang.StackOverflowError
at java.lang.String.equals(String.java:1668)
at java.util.HashMap.getNode(HashMap.java:583)
at java.util.HashMap.get(HashMap.java:568)
at java.util.Collections$UnmodifiableMap.get(Collections.java:1465)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.FilterImpl.matches(FilterImpl.java:301)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.container.Capabilities.matches(Capabilities.java:170)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.container.Capabilities$NamespaceSet.match(Capabilities.java:158)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.container.Capabilities$NamespaceSet.findCapabilities(Capabilities.java:140)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.container.Capabilities.findCapabilities(Capabilities.java:264)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleDatabase.findCapabilities(ModuleDatabase.java:826)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerWiring.findProviders(ModuleContainer.java:1312)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.legacy.PackageAdminImpl.getBundles(PackageAdminImpl.java:181)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFeature(ProvisionService.java:464)
.  The at...(ProvisionService.java:489) is repeated hundreds of times until the java.lang.StackOverflowError occurs.
.  It appears that we have an infinite recursion loop.
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFeature(ProvisionService.java:489)

at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfileProperties(ProvisionService.java:1154)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfiles(ProvisionService.java:1210)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfileNoWait(ProvisionService.java:1351)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfile(ProvisionService.java:1288)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromContextConfigurationUrl(ProvisionService.java:1374)
at com.ibm.team.jfs.app.install.Activator$1.run(Activator.java:177)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:812)

I can still access jts from a browser, but not ccm.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 07 '21, 2:42 p.m. | edited Apr 08 '21, 2:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The extension is deployed in the ccm and not in the JTS, so why do you delete the built-on.txt in the JTS?

The error indicates that there is some poroblem where the provision profile and the feature have an issue. The out of memory is a result of that. No idea what the issue could be. Typos, encoding issues, zip failed.

I can not tell what the issue could be. Regenerate the feature, and the update site. Delete the generated files and folders in the update site project before you do.  Recreate the update site, redeploy, delete the correct built-on.txt.

Check the logs.
When deploying fails in certain cases, the ccm server just dies. That is just as it is.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.