It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Making Estimate field readonly

Dnyanesh Markad (291825) | asked Feb 26 '13, 2:39 a.m.
Hi Everyone,

We are using RTC 3.0.1.3. I want to make estimate field readonly in some of the states of the workitem. For e.g. There are workitem states like New, Inprogress, Completed. Then I want solution like given in the table below

State         New            Inprogress            Completed
                 RW              Readonly              Readonly  

I have tried for the approach of creating different editor presentations.
Also Main thing is I am not able to make estimate field readonly at all. Whether in particular state or all states.
Any help appreciated.
Many Thanks,
Dnyanesh

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Feb 26 '13, 7:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 26 '13, 7:19 a.m.
Hi Dnyanesh,
https://jazz.net/library/article/997/ explains how to make fields read only in 3.0.  Beginning in 4.0, there is an out of the box way to make fields read only based on the state of the work item, and the article describes how to use this feature.  I'm not sure if upgrading to 4.0 is an option for you. 
Dnyanesh Markad selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Dnyanesh Markad commented Feb 26 '13, 8:03 a.m.

Hi Lauren,
Thanks for the reply. But the thing is In RTC 3.0.1.3 we can not make Estimate field "readonly" at all. I tried to make it readonly by making change in attribute types and in editor presentation also. Although making it "readonly",  we can edit the Estimate field.
For other attributes its working by making them readonly. Can you suggest how to make that "estimate" field "readonly"

Thanks
Dnyanesh

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Feb 26 '13, 8:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Dnyanesh,
Did you follow the steps in https://jazz.net/library/article/997/ to make the field read only?  If that still doesn't work for you, can you describe in detail the steps you're taking?

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 26 '13, 8:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Dnyanesh, Lauren, it might be impossible to do so, because the estimation presentation is a composite that covers several attributes and in 3.x it was not possible to make this special one read only (I briefly looked). Read only by type and state did not exist either as operational behavior in 3.x. That is new in 4.x. I assume you would have to create a custom advisor.

Dnyanesh Markad commented Feb 26 '13, 8:51 a.m.

Thanks Ralph. I thought in that way to of creating custom advisor but just want to confirm that whether we can customize it or not?

Many Thanks
Dnyanesh

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.