It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to either export, copy, or print out the Team Configuration Permissions matrix ?

long TRUONG (3654118146) | asked Oct 24 '13, 8:13 a.m.
edited Oct 24 '13, 9:45 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103)
 Just that: Is there a way to either export, copy, or print out the RTC Team Configuration Permissions matrix (Actions vs Roles) ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103) | answered Oct 24 '13, 9:16 a.m.
Hi Long,
You can use REST API for that (which is not so easy). I do not know any other way.  Feel free to create new RFE for that: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem&type=enhancement
long TRUONG selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments

long TRUONG commented Oct 24 '13, 9:55 a.m.

Thanks Krzysztof.

Well anybody out there has implemented this with the REST API ? or can provide a quick draft ?

3 other answers

permanent link
Alex Lindley (13146) | answered Oct 28 '13, 9:38 a.m.
I would also like to see how this is done if anyone has any examples?
Thanks

permanent link
Hollis Chui (2177) | answered Aug 06 '15, 9:23 a.m.
My team (Integration Engineering) has created a standalone cmd line utility which generates the following 2 csv reports involving permissions & operation behaviors for one or more of project area(s).

1. User Report: The report lists all the members and administrators of the target RTC project area(s) and contains the following fields: First Name, Last Name, Username, Email Address, Assigned Licenses, Project Area(s), Project Area Role(s), Team Area(s) and Team Area Role(s).

2. Permissions and Operation Behaviors Report: The report re-creates the Permissions and Operation Behaviors Matrix for the target RTC project area(s).  It lists all the permissions and operations behaviors and shows which role(s) have a particular permission and/or operation behavior.

Project Configuration > Permissions
Project Configuration > Operation Behavior
Team Configuration > Permissions
Team Configuration > Operation Behavior

If you would like more information or interested in this audit and security report utility, send an email to ietinfo@wwpdl.vnet.ibm.com.

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Aug 07 '15, 12:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The Eclipse client has an option called "Generate Runtime Report" that outputs the permission and role information for the entire team hierarchy as a set of HTML files. I am not sure if this is what you need, but it could be a low cost way to get started.

The command is available from the context menu of a project area in the Team Artifacts view.

Ruby
Martha (Ruby) Andrews
Jazz Foundation L3 Development Team Lead

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.