It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[RTC] Can we restrict the visibility of Workitem,Plans, Source Control, Builds and Reports tabs for Guest user?

Tariq Ashraf (25917) | asked Feb 25 '13, 7:38 a.m.

Can we restrict the visibility of Workitem,Plans, Source Control, Builds and Reports tabs for Guest user?

I have created a guest user and assigned him a JazzGuests group from WAS.

In RTC I have created a new Role (GuestRole) and give permission for displaying Reports only.

But when I login with this user, I need only Reports tab to be visible for this specific user. All other tabs like Project Dashboards, Work Items, Plans, Source Control and Build tabs should not be visible to that user.

Is it possible in RTC? If yes then how we can achieve this goal?  

One answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Jul 22 '13, 1:42 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The following technote will describe how to suppress certain pages from displaying in the web UI. Note that the user will still be able to access the content from the eclipse client.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21370043

(I have updated the technote and re-published so it contains instructions for 4.x. It may take a day or so to be published, but the current content is still relevant).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.