It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DCC job shows the warning that you must disable data collection jobs from other collection services

Steven Melcher (6012832) | asked Feb 19 '18, 2:43 p.m.
edited Nov 18 '20, 8:03 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.5k480103)

We have IBM Jazz Team Server 6.0.3 iFix10 with CCM, RM, QM, and JRS (DCC, LQE, and RS).

When I go to the Data Collection Component page, it has the following warning: "You must disable data collection jobs running or scheduled to run from other data collection services that are connected to the same data warehouse as the Data Collection Component. Otherwise, data corruption can occur."

Does this mean that I need to set the Data Collection Jobs Enabled property on each of the application admin pages to false instead of true?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Feb 19 '18, 6:08 p.m.
edited Nov 18 '20, 7:51 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.5k480103)

Hi, Steven

If you run jts/setup and register dcc with jts properly, it should take care of itself.
From your description, it does not seem you need to worry about that warning and if you want to use dcc, you need to leave the 'Data Collection Jobs Enabled property' as true.

If you go through the below topic

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_7.0.2/com.ibm.rational.dcc.doc/topics/t_roadmap_dcc.html

you will have better understanding of dcc, in particular, step 6 is related to the warning message.

I hope this helps.

Steven Melcher selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.