It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to "remove" parent workitem from sub-iteration when child workitems closed ?

Katrin Heymann (19824363) | asked Feb 21 '13, 3:33 a.m.
We use a releaseplan with iterations and sub-iterations.

The parent workitem is planned for iterations and the child workitems planned for different sub-iterations.

In the plan view I can see the parent (shown colour grey) in the sub-iteration and the child in colour blue.
When I closed all childs in the sub-iteration normally the parent was "removed" in the sub-iteration too.

Now in one case the parent wasn't removed in the sub-iteraton and I didn't really understand why.

Does someone have an idea ?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 21 '13, 3:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you provide screenshots?

Katrin Heymann commented Feb 21 '13, 4:04 a.m.

Added screenshots:

Releaseplan

Parent:
Parent closed Child:

Child

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 21 '13, 4:43 a.m.
edited Feb 21 '13, 4:44 a.m.
Hi Katrin,

from the screenshots you can see that the plan thinks 8468 is planned for the iteration RM PST 3. At least that is what the plan seems to assume. The indicator for that is the missing up arrow in front of the element. This arrow in front of the element tells you that the work item is tracked in a different iteration and only showed in this iteration, because one of its child work items belongs to this iteration.

Interestingly enough the arrow appears in Release 4Q12 in front of 8468. It escapes me why that should be the case. The other screenshots seem to show something different. You can hover the mouse over the up arrow and let the icon tell you where it tracks the item.

Comments
Katrin Heymann commented Feb 21 '13, 4:49 a.m.

The comment in the arrow is correct:

Parent - Planned for

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 21 '13, 5:04 a.m.

This only supports that the plan thinks this item is planned for RM PST 3. It supports the plan showing what you see. But it contradicts your screenshot that shows it planned for Release 4Q12.

So there is either a configuration problem or some of the data you show above is not saved. What happens if you plan the story for another iteration, save, then change it back to Release 4Q12, save and refresh the plan?

Katrin Heymann commented Feb 21 '13, 5:34 a.m.

It seems there is a misunderstanding.

It's correct that 8468 is planned for RM PST 3.

My question is why it's shown in 4Q12 if all childs (in this case 7957) planned for 4Q12 were closed ?

Normally I expect that when childs closed than the parent item (grey entry) will be "removed" too.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.