It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reporting in Composer

Elizabeth Jay (133) | asked Jan 30 '13, 10:11 a.m.

The reporting in composer does not let me organize the contents in a logical order before I generate the report. I end up having to a lot of editing in the Word document to make it flow better after the report is generated, which is really time consuming.

1. Is there a way you could organize the artifacts in a perticular order before the reports are generated?

2. I have been using RTC for sometime and I like the ability to use it through Eclipse desktop version. Can that be done for Composer as well? When using the web version , it fails to do most of the functionality in certain browsers. Using IE is pointless for Composer. Firefox works most of the time, but so many issues on Sketches and so on. Ideas, thoughts?

Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Jan 30 '13, 10:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
With the supplied RRC reports there is some limited formatting customization that can be made to the Microsoft Word templates. Once the formatting has been completed in the template it then needs to be re-initialized on the server.

This help topic provides more information on the re-initialization:

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rrdg.usage.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_rrdg_make_reports_avail.html

Manually importing custom document-style report templates for requirements management

If you are using the Requirements management application, you must manually import customized document-style report templates by uploading files to the Jazz Team Server.

Before you begin

To add or modify a template, complete the following steps:
  1. On the server machine, navigate to the following directory: https:// server :9443/ application context root /reporting/initialization/templates
  2. Navigate to the appropriate sub-directory, and make the necessary changes to either the Rational Publishing Engine or Microsoft Word template using the appropriate tool. For Rational Publishing Engine templates, you will need a licensed copy of the Rational Publishing Engine Document Studio tool.

Now if you want to make more significant changes to the reports, like adding new data sources then a licensed copy of the Rational Publishing Engine Document Studio tool is needed. This help topic provides an overview:

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rrdg.usage.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_create_docstyle_report.html

permanent link
Edgar Ignacio Velazquez Mar (7225) | answered Jan 30 '13, 1:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can try organizing the artifacts in the view how you want them to be displayed (ordered) before generating the report, most of the time this works for sorting the artifacts (I say most of the time because it's not a supported functionality but I've found it to work 90% of the time) this will depend on which report you're running.

The other option is to create a custom RPE template (either by modifying the existing ones or making a copy of them to tweak) and organize the report in a way you want it (with the limitations that RPE and RRC Rest API may have for your desired output).

As for the web version I personally prefer Firefox, I don't know which version of RRC you have, but I haven't had many issues with the latest versions.
One suggestion I could give you is try reinstalling the RRC plugin for Firefox

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.