It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

setting up a conditional required field in rtc 4.0

Charles Cruse (1521213) | asked Feb 02 '13, 4:35 p.m.

I am new to dojo, so I apologize in advance if this is a simple user error.

I was trying to follow an article by Jorge A. Diaz to create an conditionally required attribute in RTC 4.0.

I have coded my script:

I have defined my script based condition:

I have defined my precondition for my custom work item:

But when I go to edit my workitem, it seems to have no affect on whether or not the intended field is required.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

3 answers

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Feb 04 '13, 1:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Charles,
difficult to provide an accurate answer here as we're missing details about your PA customization and the Javascript you implemented.
I would encourage you to read/follow this article - https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeCustomization#Conditions

Also ensure that Javascript is enabled on the server: got to ccm/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.configureAdvanced
and verify that "Enable Process Attachment Scripts" is set to true

Thanks.
Eric.

permanent link
Charles Cruse (1521213) | answered Feb 04 '13, 4:40 p.m.
I have sent a note to our server manager to check that setting - Meanwhile I noticed this message in the log which may be a big clue - com.ibm.team.rtc.common.scriptengine.UnknownTypeException: 'cs.condition.aparanduhl.causal.aparrootcause.script' is not a constructor

Comments
Eric Jodet commented Feb 05 '13, 12:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Charles,
yes - big clue - please verify:
- all deployed custom javascript
- validate all javascript

You should be able to locate the issue.

Thanks.
Eric.

permanent link
Charles Cruse (1521213) | answered Feb 05 '13, 6:41 p.m.

The com.ibm.team.rtc.common.scriptengine.UnknownTypeException: 'cs.condition.aparanduhl.causal.aparrootcause.script' is not a constructor  message pointed to a syntax error in my .js file - actually more that one.  After Eric helped me through those, I have the conditional requiredness of the field working!  Thanks for all the help!

Comments
Eric Jodet commented Feb 06 '13, 12:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

yes - we mostly fixed Javascript  syntax errors.
Glad I could help here.
Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.