It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Query and Report show different results

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k10284270) | asked 9 hours ago

I have a field that has 15 choices: LP01->LP15. When I run a query and sort by this field, I get:
LP09
LP10
LP11
LP12
LP13
LP14
LP15
LP01
LP02
LP03
LP04
LP05
LP06
LP07
LP08

When I run the JRS report, it sorts correctly. LP01-LP15. I looked in to the process config source, and it has something like:
LP01 *literal.12
LP02 literal.13
LP09 *literal.110
LP10 literal.111

Is there any way to fix this? Or do I have to delete everything and start over and fix the work items? I'm thinking the Query is sorting by the process source, and the JRS Report by the actual value....

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered 8 hours ago
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited 6 hours ago

Here my 2 cent. The sorting is an issue and not pretty. I think this came up before. What you can do is the following:

1. Define an enumeration in the UI and save, but do not use it just yet.
  2. In the process configuration source change the literal ID's to be unique and correctly lexicographic sorting.
  3. Introduce a new attribute, editor presentation etc.
  4. Rename the old attribute and editor presentation so you can tell.  (e.g. zzzz_do_not_use_old_Name)
  5. Create a query, that finds all the work item by the same old value. Use the update multiple work items to set the new enumeration to the correct value, do this for all the values.
  6. Retire the old stuff as good as possible and especially remove the old presentation
I think this is best you can do. I'd try in a test area on a test system that the sorting is correct.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.