It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

requirement project baselines

Zica Valsan (10124745) | asked Jan 31 '13, 4:50 p.m.
edited Aug 21 '14, 12:48 p.m. by Douglas Bush (28125)
Hi,

I'm using the JKE Banking (RM) , ver 4.0.1 to to get used to the new application. So, I'm a beginner in this area. I have reached a point where I wanted to create a  requirement project baseline. The problem I have is that after opening the Artifact tab and getting all features in a certain folder, the Baseline Icon is gray out.
Do I need to enable anything else in advance?
There is also a statement in th ehelp which puzzle me: "You can create baselines at any date in the past, not just at the current time"    What would be the reason and how I will create such a baseline when the changes are already done?

Thank you,
Zica

Comments
Robin Bater commented Feb 01 '13, 5:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

A Baseline is timestamp that is used to access the repository. If you create a baseline in the past it will open that artifact as it was prior to the baseline timestamp, and will not show any changes after the baseline.

When a new version of an artifact is created it does not overwrite the previous version. This allows the artifact history to see all previous version and all the related content, links, and attributes.

5 answers

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Jan 31 '13, 5:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Did you make yourself a Project Baseline Administrator?
Check under Administration -> Manage This Project Area -> Members -> Process Roles for your user

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Jan 31 '13, 7:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
As Bas says there are permissions needed which are not provided to Author or Administrator roles.

This help topic has a note about this:

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_snapshots.html

Important: You must have Project Baseline Administrator permissions to create baselines. By default, the Project Baseline Administrator role has this permission, but the Administrator and Author role do not.

You can either add this role to your user or change the default permissions for the author or administrator roles.

permanent link
Zica Valsan (10124745) | answered Feb 01 '13, 9:18 a.m.
Thank you both, I have indeed thought that the Administrator role covers this right.
After proper settings, it work.
Zica

permanent link
Bruce Korn (1912) | answered Feb 01 '13, 5:02 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Also, regarding the text:

"You can create baselines at any date in the past, not just at the current time"

I realize the statement is ambiguous at best and inaccurate at worst, so I am removing it from the documentation.

Thanks for pointing it out!

Bruce Korn
Documentation Team

Comments
Robin Bater commented Feb 01 '13, 5:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Bruce, 

One way creating a baseline in the past is useful, is when somebody has deleted an artifact and a baseline has not been taken for a while. If a baseline is created that is just before the artifact is deleted it is possible to view that deleted artifact.

Now if this was an accidental deletion, the artifact cannot be restored but the contents could be copied to a new version, as a way to recover a deleted artifact.

permanent link
Adrienne Riley-Corbin (345) | answered Aug 19 '14, 3:53 p.m.
edited Aug 19 '14, 3:54 p.m.

Hi Robin,

I am trying to make one of those baselines for a date that has passed, but it seems to not be completing is there any way I can verify it is even running? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.