It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Configuration for Enterprise Requirements

N. Dot (1321115) | asked Jan 31 '13, 2:20 p.m.

What are is the recommend what of configuring RRC to support both enterprise-level requirements as well as project-level requirements?

I assume that they should create an enterprise project and then link the sub-projects to it. However, are there any best practices or gotchas associated with this configuration?

One answer

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Jan 31 '13, 7:52 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Personally I prefer to have separate projects for enterprise and project-level. This allows read access control of content in the project level area, so that not every project can see the contents of another project unless they are explicitly added.

For example on Jazz.net there are a number of private RM projects which for several reasons are hidden from the wider jazz.net community but there are also public projects where requirements can be referenced by everybody.

Follow this link for the public projects https://jazz.net/rm/web and look at the CLM RM project for the lifecycle scenarios we are developing publicly.

The negative side of separate projects requires managing several projects and baselines cannot span projects.

Comments
N. Dot commented Feb 01 '13, 4:22 p.m.

Thank you Robin!  I will check out the link.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.