It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Restrict work item access" affects saving of Tags

Karthik Krishnan (8845119163) | asked Jan 23 '13, 5:04 a.m.
edited Jan 23 '13, 5:04 a.m.
We have set permissions in the following way for different roles:
"Add an existing Tag" to specific roles (say "Developers") &
"Add new tag" to specific roles (say "PM")

The moment we add "Restrict work item access" for each categories, the users belonging to role "Developers"  are not able to add tags and save them. System throws error saying that they dont have permissions

And of course the developers belong to correct team areas and they try to save the work items belonging to their team areas & categories

Are there any other settings that needs to be checked

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jan 23 '13, 8:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I did some testing in 4.0.1, and could not reproduce this behavior, i.e. the ability to save tags is controlled by the "Add an existing Tag" permission, and was not affected by whether or not "Restrict work item access" was set.  I'd suggest working with Rational Support to determine why this isn't working in your environment.

Comments
Karthik Krishnan commented Jan 23 '13, 11:04 a.m.

Thanks Geoff for your answser

We are using RTC 4.0. 

I guess involving support is the only way now as I don't see any connection between these two. 

thanks.

permanent link
Karthik Krishnan (8845119163) | answered Feb 28 '13, 9:25 a.m.
Short update: The cause (after analysis so far) is becasue of the LDAP sync. We have a PMR with IBM on this topic

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.