It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

No antArgs for team builds

Harry Koehnemann (30125238) | asked Nov 05 '08, 12:22 p.m.
I have a build.xml that runs fine until I add Jazz ant commands. I am getting an error I believe where ant cannot find the jar files in the build toolkit. We used to add an antArg with a path to the lib directory. That does not appear to work anymore. On the wiki I see a comment that the antArgs are no longer needed - but then I assume the build engine knows to add them to the ant classpath when it runs. Compare to a year ago, there are a lot less properties I have to set (good thing), but I couldn't find the ones I do need to set (e.g., com.ibm.team.build.ant.buildFile) in the docs anywhere (bad thing) so there may be others. Am I missing something? The docs seme to imply I can just create a build engine and a build and it will all work.

Thanks,
Harry

2008-11-05 10:11:33 Should build occur?
2008-11-05 10:11:33 Yes: Always build a user initiated request.
2008-11-05 10:11:33 Invoking pre-build participant "com.ibm.team.build.jazzscm"
Accepting changes into workspace "Harry Jazz Build Lab" ...
Fetching files to fetch destination "C:\Program Files\IBM\TeamConcertBuild\buildsystem\buildengine\eclipse\harry-dir" ...
2008-11-05 10:11:34 Invoking build participant "com.ibm.team.build.ant"
Buildfile: C:\Program Files\IBM\TeamConcertBuild\buildsystem\buildengine\eclipse\harry-dir\My Project\build.xml

BUILD FAILED
C:\Program Files\IBM\TeamConcertBuild\buildsystem\buildengine\eclipse\harry-dir\My Project\build.xml:85: taskdef class com.ibm.team.build.ant.task.ArtifactFilePublisherTask cannot be found

One answer

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Nov 05 '08, 1:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

Open your build definition in the build definition editor. Go to the Ant page. Is the "Include the Jazz build toolkit tasks on the Ant library path" option checked? If not, check it. Or, specify the ant home and ant arguments on that same page.

Martha
Jazz Developer

I have a build.xml that runs fine until I add Jazz ant commands. I am getting an error I believe where ant cannot find the jar files in the build toolkit. We used to add an antArg with a path to the lib directory. That does not appear to work anymore. On the wiki I see a comment that the antArgs are no longer needed - but then I assume the build engine knows to add them to the ant classpath when it runs. Compare to a year ago, there are a lot less properties I have to set (good thing), but I couldn't find the ones I do need to set (e.g., com.ibm.team.build.ant.buildFile) in the docs anywhere (bad thing) so there may be others. Am I missing something? The docs seme to imply I can just create a build engine and a build and it will all work.

Thanks,
Harry

2008-11-05 10:11:33 Should build occur?
2008-11-05 10:11:33 Yes: Always build a user initiated request.
2008-11-05 10:11:33 Invoking pre-build participant "com.ibm.team.build.jazzscm"
Accepting changes into workspace "Harry Jazz Build Lab" ...
Fetching files to fetch destination "C:\Program Files\IBM\TeamConcertBuild\buildsystem\buildengine\eclipse\harry-dir" ...
2008-11-05 10:11:34 Invoking build participant "com.ibm.team.build.ant"
Buildfile: C:\Program Files\IBM\TeamConcertBuild\buildsystem\buildengine\eclipse\harry-dir\My Project\build.xml

BUILD FAILED
C:\Program Files\IBM\TeamConcertBuild\buildsystem\buildengine\eclipse\harry-dir\My Project\build.xml:85: taskdef class com.ibm.team.build.ant.task.ArtifactFilePublisherTask cannot be found

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.