It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where do I find the Team Area(s) associated with a Category?

Davyd Norris (2.2k217) | asked Oct 18 '18, 7:09 a.m.
Hi all,

I am trying to retrieve the team areas associated with a category, using either the JavaScript API or the REST API.

Running this Reportable REST API call:

https://<server>/ccm/rpt/repository/workitem?fields=workitem/category[projectArea/name='<project>']/(*)

will retrieve all the information for the Categories in a specified Project Area, and on the Category there are nodes for teamAreas and defaultTeamArea, but they never display any data:

<category>
    <projectArea></projectArea>
    <uniqueId>65b6e5...8c2282708</uniqueId>
    <reportableUrl>https://<server>/ccm/rpt/repository/workitem/category/itemId/_2GMF0...OlmSDQ</reportableUrl>
    <itemType>com.ibm.team.workitem.Category</itemType>
    <stateId>_UtKARt...xhUA</stateId>
    <itemId>_2GM...lmSDQ</itemId>
    <contextId>_2teIkM...VxhUA</contextId>
    <modified>2018-10-18T05:11:52.132+0000</modified>
    <name>Some Team</name>
    <description></description>
    <id>/Unassigned/Some Team/</id>
    <archived>false</archived>
    <readAccessEnabled>false</readAccessEnabled>
    <modifiedBy></modifiedBy>
    <teamAreas></teamAreas>
    <defaultTeamArea></defaultTeamArea>
    <qualifiedName>Some Team</qualifiedName>
  </category>

Strangely, the Project Area node works fine in the XPath query but it too isn't displayed.

The actual end result that I'm trying to achieve is to set the Owner of a work item to be the person who is the Team Lead in the team associated with the Category. I can already get the id of the Team Lead for a team, so now I need to get the team for the work item somehow.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.