It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Saving the Artifact after Adding more columns into a table in the artifact gives an error.

Elizabeth Jay (133) | asked Jan 17 '13, 4:09 p.m.

Saving the Artifact after Adding more columns into a table in the artifact gives an error.

A table was added to this artifact days ago.

Today i wanted to include additional columns into that table, so I did.

When I tried to save the artifact it gave me the following error message:

The artifact cannot be saved.
hide details
ID CRRRW7346E  The artifact content is not valid RM XHTML.
cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'height' is not allowed to appear in element 'table'.

Comments
Robin Bater commented Jan 17 '13, 4:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Which version of RRC are you using? Also was the table originally created natively in RRC or was it part of a import or a copy and paste from MS Word?

Copy and paste contains hidden text, and the team have been trying to trap invalid text.

Chase Patterson commented Jan 17 '13, 7:03 p.m.

I'm not exactly sure what put your table into that state, but it sounds similar to the issue mentioned here: https://jazz.net/jazz03/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/51558.

Below is a workaround that I have tested on a future release.  I'm currently not sure if it is valid for every release, but it probably works for many of them.   Also, I would be very careful to make sure the artifact looks okay after editing it, because it's easy to mess it up when performing these steps.

1. Add "?debug=true" parameter to your request as follows: http://clmwb.ibm.com:9444/rm/web?debug=true
2. Navigate to your artifact and edit it as you desire.
3. A "source" button should be visible in your rich text editor for the artifact.  Click this and you will see part of the xhtml for the artifact.
4. Locate your table's opening tag.  It will look something like this (this one is valid) :
<table border="1" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" id="_1358466040438" style="height: 175px;" width="510">

Chase Patterson commented Jan 17 '13, 7:03 p.m.
  1. In order to pass validation, you should set the height in the style attribute and the width in the width attribute, exactly as above.  If there is an old height attribute not inside of the style, then remove it.  You can copy your old values into the appropriate place.
  2. Click the source button again, and the normal editing view should appear.
  3. Make sure the artifact looks as you expect.
  4. You may need to click somewhere in the table before the save button appears.  
  5. Save the artifact, and it should accept it.

One answer

permanent link
Lynne Kues (561) | answered Jan 18 '13, 5:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Elizabeth.  What browser are you using? 

There is this work item that has been fixed in 4.0.1.  Unable to resize tables using Firefox 15 and then save (65754)  The Firefox browser is adding the height attribute on the table element (which is not valid) when resizing of the table occurs.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.