It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to import "simple flow diagrams" in RRC?

Pietro Mazzoleni (461110) | asked Aug 01 '12, 4:01 p.m.
Is there a way to mass import process diagrams into RRC?
I have an existing large library of flows and I would like to convert those in "Simple Process Diagram" to be able to leverage RRC going forward.
Thanks for the answer

2 answers

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Aug 01 '12, 5:33 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Pietro,

If you are using 4.0, you can use the ReqIF functionality to include various process diagrams, and then use the export/import feature to import the diagrams in to other projects.  If you're using 3.x, you are limited to creating a project template and deploying new projects based off of the template, however cannot import in to existing projects.  Hope it helps,

Comments
Pietro Mazzoleni commented Aug 02 '12, 1:16 p.m. | edited Aug 02 '12, 3:00 p.m.

Thanks Benjamin,
Yes, with ReqIf I can move process flows from one project to another. However, how can I mass-create/import (in RRC) process flows not originally created in RRC? To be clear, I have process flows in Visio and BPMN I want to port to RRC.

Btw, I noticed (from ReqIf report) the tool uses some sort of BPMN format in the process flow content. Is there a way to leverage it (and programmatically load BPMN content in RRC)?

Thanks for the answer

Jared Pulham commented Dec 11 '12, 5:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

We do not have a BPMN import option yet in RRC 4.x so if the tool does not support a ReqIF XML schema then it will have to either be manually recreated, imported as a graphic, or linked using the 4.x OSLC linking ability for Architecture Management.

We hope to support a BPMN method in a future release.

Jared Pulham
Senior Product Manager, RM for CLM Tools

permanent link
Saran Kathirvelu (36911) | answered Dec 07 '12, 10:14 a.m.
 Even our organization has process flow diagrams in BPMN format (originally developed using Metastorm/OpetText Provision tool). We are looking for import those process flow into RRC and link the model objects/entities to requirements. I checked in RRC version 4.x. I don't think there is an option to this functionality. When do you think this functionality will be supported in RRC? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.