It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rhapsody DM and RSA DM servers: only need to install and configure one of them on the same server?

Frank Ning (50025119133) | asked Jan 12 '13, 9:31 a.m.
Hello,

1. Do Rhapsody DM and RSA DM servers have the same dm.war and vvc.war? If not, it means we can not install these two servers within the same location since it will overwrite each other for the wars.

2. If I have jts,qm,ccm,rm installed/configured on one App Server and now need to install and setup Rhapsody DM and RSA DM servers on the same WAS app server. I first installed and configured RSA DM on the WAS server and ran jts/setup to configure the dm and vvc etc. Then I don't need to install and configure the Rhapsody DM any more. The Rhapsody DM client can connect to the  RSA DM server. Is this understanding correct?

3. Do  Do Rhapsody DM and RSA DM servers both use the same DM trial license?

Thanks and regards

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francois-xavier Panaget (58914) | answered Jan 14 '13, 10:59 a.m.
Hello Frank,

I have done it yet but here are some thoughts:

1. No the wars should be the same.

3. No there are different trial (and permanent) licenses. You need to install both the RSA DM and Rhapsody DM licenses.

2. You still need to install the Rhapsody DM into the same package group as the one for RSA DM along with its trial licenses as said in point 3.
Once the installation is done, you need to activate Rhapsody DM licenses.
To do so, you may be able to do that from the license key management page (https://<host>:<port>/jts/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.manageLicenses) and do not need to go from the jts setup user registry page since the finalization of the application should not be required again.

Note:
I would advise you to have WAS stopped during the installation of Rhapsody DM and its licenses.

I hope that will help you
François

Frank Ning selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.