It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can't see pending changes for .xlsx , .pptx , .docx when I edit with System Editor

Mustafa Askin (108713) | asked Jan 11 '13, 9:47 a.m.
When I edit ".xlsx" , ".pptx" , ".docx" these files with "System Editor" I couldn't see the changes in pending changes.(The file is saved succesfully) but if I click "Refresh Sandbox and Remote Changes" then I can see changes in pending changes. Doesn't it supposed to be in pending changes window when I just click the refresh button?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 11 '13, 10:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Assuming you talk about using the RTC Eclipse client, the client, by default does not detect changes that sre done by tools outside of Eclipse by default. I typically refresh in the project/package explorer and that shows the outgoing changes.

If you work with tools outside of eclipse a lot you can play with these options, or try to use the windows shell integration:

Enable detection of external changes.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 11 '13, 10:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

To refresh you need to select the files, an enclosing folder or project and press F5 or select refresh from the context menu.

Mustafa Askin commented Jan 11 '13, 10:26 a.m.

My local changes are like below. Still same. I have to click  "Refresh Sandbox and Remote Changes" option. btw, I'm working with RTC Eclipse client and RBD Eclipse client. (IBM Rational® Business Developer™ Version: 8.0.1.2)

Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross commented Jan 11 '13, 10:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Which Version are you using. I' on RTC 4.0.1 and my properties are the same as Ralph showed.

And it also works like Ralph wrote, even without a refresh by <F5> or something else.

Tim Mok commented Jan 11 '13, 2:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

It looks like you're an older version of RTC that uses a different filesystem listener for external changes. It was changed So that may explain why you don't have the same preference options.

You can also try to refresh from Pending Changes view using the menu dropdown on the refresh button. You can select to refresh the sandbox, which may take longer but will find your changes.

Mustafa Askin commented Jan 14 '13, 2:15 a.m.

@tim Mok, maybe as you said, the problem could because of my version of RTC. When I upgrade, I'll let you know. Thanks. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.