It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Extending RTC 4.0 with Enterprise Extentions

Andrew Soloninka (5511924) | asked Dec 10 '12, 6:20 p.m.
edited Dec 10 '12, 6:31 p.m.
 I am on a project that needs to extend RTC 4.0 with Enterprise Extensions. I have set up the Eclipse Client and I am using the [RTCExt] Debug Running Tomcat on a local Jazz Server. I have users set up with the Developer for IBM Enterprise Platforms licenses. I can see the Enterprise Extensions for projects I create for the Eclipse Client itself. However, If I create a client to test my code, the Enterprise Extensions do not appear. The test client contains the com.ibm.team.rtc.client.feature feature. Do I need to added other features so the Enterprise Extensions are available? Is there something else I need to do?

Comments
Andrew Soloninka commented Jan 02 '13, 1:18 p.m.

I have also set up the Jetty Server to run the Jazz server and the RTC Client still does not show Enterprise Extensions. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Robin Bobbitt (59679) | answered Jan 02 '13, 3:43 p.m.
How are you creating your test client? You should be able to just do Run->Debug Configurations, double-click Eclipse Application and take the defaults. It should just use the EE plugins in your Eclipse Client you're developing with. The problem with using the SDK as a target is that it doesn't contain the EE plugins.
Andrew Soloninka selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andrew Soloninka commented Jan 02 '13, 8:55 p.m. | edited Jan 02 '13, 9:28 p.m.

Robin, I'm creating the test client as described in IBM Rational Team Concert 4.0 Extensibility Lab Excercises(Section 1.7). I have set my target platform under Window>Preferences>Plug-in Development>Target Platform to the RTC SDK as directed in the Lab Exercies above. My only other choice is Running Platform. If I select Running Platform, I get compilation errors in my  developed Plug-ins. I tried using Run->Debug Configurations, double-click Eclipse Application and take the defaults but I still do not see the Enterprise Extensions.

Robin Bobbitt commented Jan 03 '13, 4:01 p.m.

As discussed, your plugins with errors are server plugins, and the errors are a result of only having the client plugins in your target platform. You should still be able to launch and test your client plugins with those errors there. Or you could create a target platform that contains both the RTC SDK and the RTC eclipse client. This will allow your server plugins to compile and allow you to launch a test RTC eclipse client containing the enterprise extensions.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.