It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Plugin not hitting the code

Meera Varma (911012) | asked Jan 09 '13, 8:59 a.m.
I am trying to debug a plugin in eclipse. I have added the participant in the plugin.xml and have enabled the plugin in the local project area.

plugin.xml snippet for the plugin
<operationParticipant
            class="com.accenture.dwp.workitem.extensions.service.participant.CreateImplTaskFromDefectParticipant"
            id="com.accenture.dwp.workitem.extensions.service.CreateImplTaskFromDefectParticipant"
            name="Create Impltask From Defect"
            operationId="com.ibm.team.workitem.operation.workItemSave">
            <extensionService
               componentId="com.accenture.dwp.workitem.extensions.service"
               implementationClass="com.accenture.dwp.workitem.extensions.service.participant.CreateImplTaskFromDefectParticipant">
            <prerequisites>
                <requiredService interface="com.ibm.team.repository.common.service.IContributorService"/>
                <requiredService interface="com.ibm.team.repository.service.AbstractService"/>
                <requiredService interface="com.ibm.team.workitem.service.IWorkItemServer"/>
                <requiredService interface="com.ibm.team.repository.service.IRepositoryItemService"/>
                <requiredService interface="com.ibm.team.workitem.service.IAuditableServer"/>
                <requiredService interface="com.ibm.team.links.common.service.ILinkService"/>
            </prerequisites>
         </extensionService>
</operationParticipant.

and the process configuration source
<followup-action id="com.accenture.dwp.workitem.extensions.service.createImplTaskFromDefectParticipant" name="Create Impltask From Defect">
                            <work-item-types>
                                <work-item-type>defect</work-item-type>
                            </work-item-types>
                            <supplier-name>Accenture</supplier-name>
                            <supplier-id>supplier</supplier-id>
                            <target-work-item-id>com.accenture.dwp.workitem.workItemType.implementationtask</target-work-item-id>
                            <target-work-item-category>Category 1</target-work-item-category>
                            <source-work-item-old-state>com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.state.s8</source-work-item-old-state>
                            <source-work-item-new-state>com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.state.s9</source-work-item-new-state>
                            <target-work-item-project-area>UC Accenture Test</target-work-item-project-area>
                            <taget-work-item-user>cqsync</taget-work-item-user>
                        </followup-action>

The debug configuration has the features and bundles added. Enabled the plugin in the local project area. However when I save a defect in that project area, the plugin code is not hit at all. Wondering what could be the issue . Appreciate your help.

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jan 09 '13, 9:19 a.m.
debug in eclipse?  the server side plugin, right?

so you started the server in debug mode
and you built a debug run config to connect the eclipse client to the server for debugging

to start the server in debug mode, you have to add some config to the startup.bat

set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=3388

then the debug client configuration
a remote java aplication configuration, with
remote attach and port = 3388

so, you start the server in debug
then start a debug session  on this port
then cause the operation that invokes the server code

Comments
Meera Varma commented Jan 09 '13, 10:05 a.m.

I am using Jetty server and have deployed the features into the jetty server, I can see form the process configuration source for project area that, the plugin has been enabled, however when the server is started and after I login to the project area, when I save a defect which is the operation , the defect is saved without hitting the code.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Jan 09 '13, 9:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
One common issue is a misunderstanding about Process behavior lookup in Rational Team Concert when configuring - please carefully follow the link.

If you configure e.g. for "everyone" but your role is admin and it has other behavior configured for this operation (e.g. save work item) that prevents the look up from checking for "everyone". In addition you can configure behavior for iterations, iteration types etc. too which can contribute to misunderstanding what should happen.

Most of the cases where users claimed that their operation behavior was not working/triggered at all dealt with the above issues.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.