It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Word Import 4.0.1 error : "item has been added. Key in Dictionary: '1.' Key being added: '1.'

Yuval Moshe (1323) | asked Jan 09 '13, 7:11 a.m.
retagged Jan 10 '13, 9:14 a.m. by Laura Kuczarski (21137)

Hi,

I am trying to use WordImport 4.0.1 to import from Word to XML, but the operation fails.(Error output is described below)

I'm using a document named : RQM_Full_TP_Template_Test.dcox

The document contains some headers, descriptions and tables and some test cases.
The output should be just the two test cases (2.1 and 2.2)

Using WordImporter 3.1 with the exact Word document and same .cfg file works
Using WordImporter 4.0.1 with the exact Word document and same .cfg file doesn't work and i get the weird error (attached below)

When i use a different Word document that contains only the test cases (RQM_Partial_TP_Template_Test.docx), without any wording prior to it, the import works fine (both with 4.0.1 and 3.1)

So i'm assuming there might be something wrong in the RQM_script.cfg or with the Full word document(RQM_Full_TP_Template_Test.docx)

I recieve this error:

RQM_Error_Word_Import

I'm using Win 7 64-bit with Net Framework 4.0 (extended + Client profile)

BTW - when i try to install the RQMWordImporterX64setup.exe, the add-in doesn't work at all(pop-up menu exist , but no response after i click), only when i install the RQMWordImporterSetup.exe, i get the pop-up menu (Don't know if it is relevant)

RQM_script.cfg

testplan.DOCLink=testcase
testcase.DOCStart="2.1"
testcase.dc:title=List("2.1*")
testcase.dc:description=Table("Descrip").B1
testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCasePreCondition","RQM-KEY-TC-PRE-COND-TITLE")=Pre(Table("Descrip").B10)
testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseDesign","RQM-KEY-TC-DESIGN-TITLE")=Pre(Table("Descrip").B17)
testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseExpectedResults","Expected Results")=Pre(Table("Descrip").B18)
testcase.category term="TestType".value=Table("Descrip").B19
testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseVariants","Variants")=Pre(Table("Descrip").B20)  
testcase.category term="Priority".value=Table("Descrip").B21
//testcase.category term="IPT".value=Table("Descrip").B22
testcase.category term="Automation".value=Table("Descrip").D22
testcase.category term="Regression".value=Table("Descrip").F22

Appreciate your help (I can e-mail the word files if required)

Yuval

One answer

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Jan 09 '13, 8:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Yuval,
you problem may caused by the word document have the numbered list with the same number.
i.e. more that one numbered list have the number "2.1" etc.
we have opened a defect to track this
Fix message about RQM import/export (78624)
and if possible, would you please attach the word document and the config file, so that we can take a look at your problem.

Comments
Yuval Moshe commented Jan 10 '13, 2:27 a.m.

Hi Hao,

I have re-checked the document, and i haven't found any list item with 2.1 appearing prior to the required artifact.

Moreover - it works with version 3.1

I have added the 3 mentioned files to the defect.

Please let me know if additional information is required.

Thanks

Yuval

Yuval Moshe commented Jan 13 '13, 8:07 a.m.

Hi Hao,

Have you had a chance to take a look at the attached config and Word files ?

Thanks

Yuval

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.