It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Wrong "Total Hours Available"

Ehud Hoggeg (1324) | asked Jan 06 '13, 7:02 a.m.
Hello,

One of my team members has a wrong number presented (7, when in fact should be ~670) in the "total hours available", when looking at a version plan, viewed as "breakdown load".

We have checked that the work days are correctly configured and we cannot seem to understand why this is happening.

Rest of the team members has the correct "total hours available" and this is the first time we experience such problem (though we used RTC for previous releases too).

Can you offer some guidance here? What to look for? What may cause this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Comments
Millard Ellingsworth commented Jan 07 '13, 8:02 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi, Ehud.

Can you provide some more details, please? Which version of RTC? Which client (Eclipse or web)? Which process template are you using and which plan type and view does the problem appear on?

Is this person perhaps a member of many teams? Did you check his/her Work Allocations? Is he/she a member of many teams and perhaps the percentage available to the current project is very low? 

Ehud Hoggeg commented Jan 08 '13, 9:33 a.m.

Thank you Millard. Kevins solution worked for me.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k9186201) | answered Jan 06 '13, 1:21 p.m.
 On this particular user, are all the work assignments unbounded ?  (no date relating to any assignment)
Ehud Hoggeg selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ehud Hoggeg commented Jan 07 '13, 4:16 a.m.
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for answering.

I am not sure I understand the terms. "work assignments unbounded"? I interpret this as "work items dont have 'due date'" - is that what you mean? If so, than no, due dates are unassigned...

If this is not what you meant, please explain using the RTC terminology ... 

Kevin Ramer commented Jan 07 '13, 8:22 a.m.

On the user's profile Work Allocation should all say (No Date Restriction) under the column Allocation Dates.   Sorry, I did not have access to my RTC when the above was written.

Ehud Hoggeg commented Jan 08 '13, 9:33 a.m.

Kevin,

It worked! Thank you!

For anyone looking for it - the "work allocation" are only presented on web-client.

Kevin Ramer commented Jan 09 '13, 1:38 p.m.

You're welcome !

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.