It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Post build Deliver in RTC (6.0.1) build definition does not work

Binoy D'costa (9532737) | asked Aug 16 '16, 5:12 p.m.
edited Aug 20 '16, 11:22 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Following this article, I do not see changes being delivered to the target stream.

https://jazz.net/library/article/649#Example_postBuildDeliver

Does this work in RTC 6.0.1? I have seen older posts claiming it doesn't work in previous versions.

Thanks,
Binoy

Comments
David Lafreniere commented Aug 17 '16, 8:20 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

-What is the 'Trigger Policy' set to?

-What was the status of the build (warning/error)?
-Does the build user have read and write access to the target stream?
-How are you requesting a build?
-What is the JBE output for the Post-build Deliver? You should see logs when it starts, and when it either aborts or continues with the deliver (replace).
-Add any other information that might be relevant, so far we have nothing to go by. Post-build deliver has been working fine since it came out in RTC 3.0.1 (our team uses it daily)

Binoy D'costa commented Aug 17 '16, 10:33 a.m.

Hi David,

All very good points, I'm verifying some of these and will get back.

-Trigger Policy is set to "Delivery Always"
-The build status fails with error, however I'm testing if the automatic delivery to stream works or not.
-Build is requested from RTC build definition with my user id.
-By JBE output, you mean the log under <build-engine>/data/log? If so, I don't see an output there. Neither do I see anything related to post-build deliver in the build log.

Thanks,
Binoy

Binoy D'costa commented Aug 17 '16, 11:41 a.m.

Hi David,

More info:

The build definition is a Hudson/Jenkins build def. The engine id associated with it is a hudson/jenkins type. I get error when starting the build engine saying:

Exception occurred in build loop: CRRTC3540E: The following build engine is a Hudson/Jenkins build engine: "bldtest1jbe". Only engines of type "Jazz Build Engine" can be used with the "-engineId" argument.
CRRTC3529W: The execution of Jazz Build Engine completed with a non-zero return code (RC=1).

I saw online that this build engine should not be started, is that correct? Although I don't think this is related to the Post-Build deliver participant not working but I can try.

Another thing, what user id RTC uses to replace the component of the target stream?

Also, where can I see any logs related to this participant? Right now, I don't have a clue what is causing this participant to not work.

Thanks,
Binoy

Binoy D'costa commented Aug 18 '16, 10:11 a.m.

Hi David,

Does this gives you enough information? Do you need additional details?

Thanks,
Binoy

Accepted answer

permanent link
Binoy D'costa (9532737) | answered Aug 18 '16, 3:32 p.m.
I created a PMR and got it resolved. The post build deliver participant is not working in the hudson/jenkins build definition. Instead, the workaround in this jenkins issue worked for me:

https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-18421

Thanks,
Binoy
David Lafreniere selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.