It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

¿How I can work offline on RSA with locked resources of Design Manager?

Bruce Torres (15911) | asked Jan 04 '13, 10:38 a.m.
Hi,
I need work on Rational Software Architect with resources locked in DM but offline (without net connection), is possible?

I have deselected the property in RSA "Design Repository->Editing->Share with other on save"

thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
W Diu (58026) | answered Jan 04 '13, 3:28 p.m.
Suppose you have locked a diagram, and then you move the class around on the diagram followed by changing the name of the class.

Making an edit can affect more than the resource that you locked (in this case, the class is also modified).  So, locking a resource in Design Manager (in "Actively Managed" mode) followed by working offline with the resources that you locked is not supported.  If this was to be supported, you would need to know which resources you are about to modify in advance, which can be complicated!

If, however, you wish to lock a lot of resources -- perhaps even an entire model -- and you want to work offline, you can try the "Managed Externally by Import Definition" mode, which allows you to completely work offline, then import the model you have edited onto the Design Management server.
Bruce Torres selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.