It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Limiting the visibilty of other users on the JTS...(adding a team member)

Shane Hoey (42611) | asked Jan 03 '13, 10:14 a.m.

Hi

In high security programs, you don't want users to know who else is working in the program (the other users in the JTS). With the permissions model, it is possible to disable the ability to add team members.  However , you can still attempt  to add members and in so doing see a list of user names.

Is there any way of stopping this?

Workarounds I can think of are installing separate JTS's for each project in a program (this seems messy to me...you will be duplicating users...higher admin). Or maybe just using anonymous user names....

Anybody had similar issues?

Shane.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jan 03 '13, 1:00 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is requested in the work item: Users should  be able to see/find another user only if that other user belongs to a project area to which they have read access. (116301)
Please feel free to add a comment to that work item, indicating your interest/support.

Shane Hoey selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Shane Hoey commented Jan 04 '13, 4:02 a.m. | edited Jan 05 '13, 2:19 a.m.

Hi Geoffrey,
The issue is addressed in the work item you have listed. However I cannot leave a comment in the work item as I don't have a suitable licence assigned to me. Could you or someone from the team please assign me a licence.

Thanks,

Shane.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jan 05 '13, 2:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Everyone registered on jazz.net should be able to post a comment on a work item.   There sometimes are admin issues that temporarily cause licensing failures ... please try again to add a comment ... if that fails, let us know, and we'll have our IT folks take a look.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.