It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to import test cases from excel to RQM 2.0

vinay kumar nukala (4236672) | asked Dec 27 '12, 10:58 p.m.
How to import test cases from excel to RQM 2.0.

I have done the followings steps:
1. Downloaded and installed RQM ImportExcelWord 2.0
2. I have written some test cases in the excel sheet.
3 From addin tab i am trying to import the test cases.

Now please help me what to do??

I had worked on the sample sheets and configuration file given in samples and i can able to import the test cases from sample.
But i can't  import the test cases what i have written in excel sheet, and why should i create a configuration file ? and how should i create a configuration file. please help me ....

2 answers

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Dec 28 '12, 12:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Vinay,
yes, you need to create a config file, you can refer to the wiki page https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter and samples on how to set it.

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Dec 28 '12, 7:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Vinay,

The configuration fill is a necessary component when importing data into RQM using the import tool. It is essentially a 'map' that is used to import the data to the corresponding RQM assets. You will need to create the configuration file based on the format of the document you are trying to import. The link Hoa provided includes examples on how to create the configuration files.

I would recommend starting with something simple, verify it imports properly then build from there. If the import fails due to errors in the configuration file,  you can use the resulting log file to review the errors and adjust the configuration file as needed

Ara

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.