It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to move RRDI/Insight to another server during migration?

Michael Walker (99214201157) | asked Dec 19 '12, 1:23 p.m.
In a test environment I migrated RRDI 1.0.2 on Machine A to Insight 1.1 on Machine B.  The DW and RICM content store db stayed on the same system.  Is this possible?

I got Cognos to come up fine but when I go into Configuration -> Data Source Connection and test the RIDW connection with the existing signon I get Status = Failed with no message.

Just curious if this is even possible.

Accepted answer

permanent link
wei zhang (2011) | answered Dec 20 '12, 2:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The connection depends on vendor db which you could connect it. Just like DB2, you must catalog it on machine B.
From tech perspective, your scenario is possible. But it is not IBM support and advised scenario, so there is no success experience could help you. 
Michael Walker selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Michael Walker commented Dec 20 '12, 2:03 a.m.

Thanks..I actually just figured it out about 10 minutes ago. It was because the remote database wasn't cataloged.  Surprised there wasn't an error that reflected that in the logs or Cognos app.

The migration to a new machine did work, but on Production we're not going to switch machines...this was just test.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.