Is it possible to move RRDI/Insight to another server during migration?
In a test environment I migrated RRDI 1.0.2 on Machine A to Insight 1.1 on Machine B. The DW and RICM content store db stayed on the same system. Is this possible?
I got Cognos to come up fine but when I go into Configuration -> Data Source Connection and test the RIDW connection with the existing signon I get Status = Failed with no message.
Just curious if this is even possible.
I got Cognos to come up fine but when I go into Configuration -> Data Source Connection and test the RIDW connection with the existing signon I get Status = Failed with no message.
Just curious if this is even possible.
Accepted answer
The connection depends on vendor db which you could connect it. Just like DB2, you must catalog it on machine B.
From tech perspective, your scenario is possible. But it is not IBM support and advised scenario, so there is no success experience could help you.
From tech perspective, your scenario is possible. But it is not IBM support and advised scenario, so there is no success experience could help you.