It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Functional Tester execution results in Rational Quality Manager

Joseph McLaughlin (122) | asked Dec 18 '12, 2:25 p.m.

I'm just getting out project setup with automated testing.  We are using Rational Functional Tester (RFT) for automation.  We have been using Rational Quality Manager (RQM) for manual tests for some time.  I configured RFT, RQM and the adapter.  I was able to launch the automated test from RQM and I received the execution results in RQM. 

However, I want to know two things.  First, is it possible to have RFT somehow populate the test step descriptions in the execution results.  The only thing it's showing in the descriptions is "Start_Timer" and "Stop_Timer" etc.  Is is possible to have it give a descriptive text like "Enter credit card number"???

Second, all of the steps are showing in the execution results as execution steps, even my verification points.  Is it possible to control which steps are execution steps and which steps are reporting steps?  I reallly expected to see my verification points as reporting steps.

Thanks for any help.

One answer

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Dec 18 '12, 2:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Submit a defect for VP not being set as reporting point.
The description depends upon VP defined in RFT and other log messages

Comments
Joseph McLaughlin commented Dec 18 '12, 4:06 p.m.

Do you mean that nobody has reported the VP not being reported as a reporting step?  We are running RQM 3.0 and RFT 8.2  I would have thought someone else would have seen this problem by now.

Are you saying that the descripton field will only populate if I have a verification Point???  What if I have an execution step and I want the description to read "Press Submit Button"?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.