It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom Insight report does not Export to Pdf

Srikanth Bhushan (16942734) | asked Nov 30 '12, 6:25 a.m.

Hi

We have cretaed a Custom Insight report and able to execute and get the required results.

However when you try to Export it, it gives only "PDF" as the export option. Why dont we see WORD, Excel, powerpoint like for other reports?

The second issue is as soon as I select pdf and click on the Submit Button, It gives a IE warning message saying "are you sure you want to Navigate away from this page... " I click on OK, the same popup comes again.

Again I click on OK, the IE comes up with the error

The website cannot display the page
 HTTP 500 

This issue is seen only for custom insight report. For the other report export to pdf works fine and also we see other options for export (word excel etc)

Inisght 1.0.1.1

RQM 3.0.1.3

IE 8

Is there any kind of limitations with Insight custom reports w.r.t export

One answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Nov 30 '12, 6:32 a.m.
edited Nov 30 '12, 6:32 a.m.
Hello Srikanth,

I think those options only applies to the BIRT reports, if you want to export an Insight report I would suggest to run it from the Insight WebUI.

Comments
Srikanth Bhushan commented Nov 30 '12, 6:43 a.m.

Thanks for the answer.

Just to confirm, are you saying the "Export Pdf" is not supported for Insight Custom report?

Francesco Chiossi commented Nov 30 '12, 7:33 a.m.

Hello Srikanth,

I would leave someone from development to comment on the "not supported" bit, but what I can confirm that on several environments I've checked this export function always behaves as you described.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.