It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Steps for migration JAZZ and RRDI databases to SQL server 2012

Vishnu Kumar (2621627) | asked Jul 20 '15, 3:53 a.m.
edited Jul 20 '15, 8:33 a.m. by Stef van Dijk (2.0k179)
We are currently at JAZZ 4.0.7 and RRDI 2.0.6 and on SQL server 2008. We want to move databases to SQL server 2012.

On JAZZ side, all we need to take backup of jts,cm,qm,datawarehouse database, restore those to new server, update teamserver.properties and then restart applications.

However on RRDI side, I am unable to find instructions to migrating databases to new server. What all files i need to update so that contentstore database starts pointing to new server ?

Will appreciate if someone can point me to the guide for migration databases for RRDI.

Regards
Vishnu Kumar

One answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jul 22 '15, 9:40 a.m.
Hello Vishnu,

after you move the content store to a new server you need to change the connection details in IBM Cognos Configuration.

1. For Windows, click Start > All Programs > Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence > IBM Cognos > IBM Cognos Configuration.
  2. Navigate to Data Access > Content Manager > Content Store
  3. Enter the new connection details to the content store database.
  4. Save and restart the RRDI profile.

For the data warehouse you can check the procedure described in the following link to manually change the RIDW connection:

Configuring the data source connection for the data warehouse

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_3.0.1/com.ibm.rational.rcpr.help.doc/topics/t_cognos_signon.html

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.