It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to display Time Remaining in RTC Query result ?

Johnson David (2611416) | asked Mar 07 '13, 6:26 a.m.

Hello ,

When i click on the query i want to display a result set containing the columns like work item ID,owner,status and also "time remaining" . Can you please help how to add this particular column ? I checked the layout section of create query, but i don't see any Time Remaining attribute, but there is a Time Spent column.

Is it true that this column(Time Spent) displays Time Remaining value when we change the Track Progress value to 'Time Remaining' in Estimate attributes (Project area-project configuration- configuration Data-Planning) ?

Is there any other solution ?

Thanks...Johnson

4 answers

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Mar 07 '13, 7:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Johnson,

I can answer part of your question.  The query results can have columns which represent built-in or custom attributes.  Does your work item have a time remaining attribute?  If not, you could create a custom attribute for your work items that calculates the time remaining.  Then you would be able to add the time remaining column to your query.

permanent link
Vince Thyng (13723653) | answered Apr 02 '13, 6:30 p.m.
Lauren, Time Remaining is a default field that appears in the 'Task' work item type (and perhaps others), so it is odd that is does not show up as an option for either a condition and result layout.  It is settable, so it does not appear to be automatically calculated when someone looks at the record.  I am interested in an answer to this as well, as I was just asked the same question.

-Vince

Comments
Vince Thyng commented Apr 05 '13, 4:08 p.m.

Thank you Lily!  That second link helped by adding some information I didn't have before.  Time Remaining is automatically calculated when presented in the work item view.  And it does not look like this will be added any time soon.

permanent link
Doug Oreilly (2768) | answered Aug 11 '14, 8:49 a.m.
 I know this is an old thread and i know i'm not going to get anything out of this.  Not being able to query time remaining out of a tool that describes itself as  "IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC) is a lean collaborative lifecycle management solution providing agile and formal planning, project reporting, process, work item, source code and build management."

but when you can't run simple queries most of the value is lost.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.