It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cross project plan do not load properly (RTC 4.0)

jean-claude vauthier (22634856) | asked Nov 27 '12, 9:08 a.m.
Hello,

Context:
   I have 2 project areas : a Master Project and a Child Project which are configured to create "track" and "contribute" links between work items.      In the Master Project I can create a cross project plan with workitems in it.  In the Child project I can create an "sprint plan" and workitems in it.   I can create track links between the work items of the master project and the work items of the child project.  I can create relationship between the cross project plan in the Master Project and a sprint plan in the Child Project.  Both projects use the same process template Scrum without any customization.

Problem:
  As soon as I have a track link between a work item of the master project and a work item of the child project, the cross project plan view in the Master Project goes on loading indefinitely.   I can't add any workitem in the master project from the cross project plan view. I just can't work with this view.   As soon as I delete all the links of type "track" between work item, I can work again with the cross project plan view in the master project.     Notice :  If I had a column in the cross project plan view with the links of type tracks, the plan view displays the workitems of the child projects.

Same problem if I use a simple process template instead of the scrum process template.

I have already set up this kind of configuration several time in another context without any problem.  I don't know where to investigate.  Any idea, suggestion is very welcome

Environment:   Web clients : Firefox 10, or 12 or IE 8.   -  RTC 4.0. -  DB: Oracle - Tomcat - Process template Scrum without any configuration - Language French & English

Thanks a lot

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.