It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

buildLabel not being passed from RTC to Build Forge

Tim Feeney (30745745) | asked Aug 14 '12, 6:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have RTC/RBF setup so I can submit a RTC build def to execute a RBF project.  For the load directory property on the Jazz Source Control tab of the RTC build def, I want to use $outputRootDirectory/$buildLabel.  buildLabel is not explicitly defined in either the RTC build def or the RBF environment used by the project being run.  Should it be? How does RBF get the correct value for buildLabel? 

When I run the build, it fails if I define the load dir using buildLabel as it is not getting a value set.  Note I am running RTC on Windows and RBF is on Linux.

Comments
Tim Feeney commented Aug 14 '12, 9:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Let me clarify my question. Because of how I set up the load directory field in the build definition, I would expect that the property team_scm_fetchDestination would be passed to RBF with the correct substituted values. outputRootDirectory gets substituted but not buildLabel. Perhaps it is a moot point because with the integration, the build tag from Build Forge is likely what is to be used over the buildLabel from RTC. Is it the case that it is not being passed to RBF for that reason?

One answer

permanent link
Rob Vanstone (546) | answered Feb 05 '13, 8:52 a.m.
Hi,

My understanding is the RTC build label is essentially the BF TAG property.  I have a reverse requirement to provide a more meaningful RTC Build label.  I call a generic BF project from an RTC Build Engine which then calls a specific BF project based on some parameters I pass in...I do a .retag operation to change the TAG label based on those passed in parameters which is fine for the BuildForge logs, but does not change the value of the RTC label on the build page.  I'll let you know if I get anywhere

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.