It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IBM RTC 6.0.3 how can I have numeric attribute that accepts integers and decimals at the same time

Rafael Rodriguez Montes (23013126247) | asked Mar 21 '17, 1:22 p.m.

Hello, 

I notice that I can create attribute integer and decimal type, but the problem is when the user enter a integer number when is decimal it throws an exception, so I want to have the validation that is numeric only, it doesn't matter if is integer or decimal, is there any way to make it without have a string? 

Comments
Donald Nong commented Mar 21 '17, 10:54 p.m.

What exception did you get? I don't seem to get any such exceptions.

Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Mar 21 '17, 10:59 p.m.

when I type an integer number in a decimal it says 

and is not let me save it, but I don't want to change it to integer because I have decimal too, so I just need need numeric attribute, it does not matter if its integer or decimal, just should validate is numeric, so what type of attribute can accept both?

Donald Nong commented Mar 21 '17, 11:05 p.m.

I don't have such problem with a Decimal attribute. Maybe double check your configuration and see if you have any custom validation or preconditions.

Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Mar 21 '17, 11:12 p.m.

It is decimal and the problem is when I attempt to put an integer or 0 

Donald Nong commented Mar 21 '17, 11:39 p.m.

No such problem when using RTC 6.0.3 iFix003. I put "0" into Decimal, and "0.002" into Integer and both end up with "0", as shown below.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.