It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot create or edit an artifact template in RRC

Kieron Brear (1461169) | asked Nov 27 '12, 6:44 a.m.
This isn't a question looking for an answer, but a gotcha which I've solved.

I have full JazzAdmins authority on my Jazz server and recently created a new RRC project and my id had the Author and Administrator roles. I could edit and save artifacts as you would expect with these authorities. I then wanted to create an artifact template but following the documentation I could not see the button on an existing artifact to create the template nor did I see the Create Template button in the templates section in the Project Properties pages. I was quite confused by this apparent disconnect of authorities and lack of ability to create templates.

In the end I remembered I had not given myself any licences for RRC and so I added the Contributor licence to my profile, and viola, I could now create templates.

The confusion here was that although I didn't have the licence assigned that a normal user would need to create and edit artifacts, I guess my JazzAdmin authority overrode the fact that I shouldn't have been able to save regular artifacts. If my lack of licence had prevented my from editing artifacts, I would have worked this one out a lot sooner.

Kieron

Comments
Jared Pulham commented Nov 28 '12, 4:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thank you for the feedback. Good usability concepts here for us to improve licensing and permissions.

Kirk Grotjohn commented Nov 29 '12, 1:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Kieron, it is a little confusing.  I'm guessing you had a QM license assigned?  A QM license will allow you to create requirements, but not templates.  It's shown in this table: https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.jazz.repository.web.admin.doc/topics/c_license_mgmt_over.html#licensemgmtover__typesOfCals

Kieron Brear commented Dec 03 '12, 11:32 a.m.

Good observations, yes I had the QM Quality Professional licence. That's a useful link to have for future reference.

One answer

permanent link
Kieron Brear (1461169) | answered Nov 27 '12, 6:45 a.m.
The answer is in the original post.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.