It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DXL Doors Two Foreign Key will not parse two keys seperated by comma.

Barbara Lawson (123) | asked Nov 08 '12, 3:53 p.m.
retagged Oct 07 '13, 5:29 a.m. by Dominic Tulley (38114)
The IBM provided dxl script does not appear to be working when multiple keys are entered in the source reference attribute field with comma seperated.  Help needed on getting the two foreign key script to work.

2 answers

permanent link
Sudarshan Rao (1963) | answered Nov 09 '12, 10:22 a.m.
Can you give an example of what attributes are you using and what info it contains? 
Without knowing what info is populated in the attributes, its difficult to comment on what could be going wrong.
If you're confident that it worked in earlier version with similar data and isn't now, you should raise this with Support as a PMR and get it logged as a defect. 

By the way, for questions around DOORS, developerWorks is a better forum to raise since it has large number of DOORS users participating. In jazz.net, the questions usually revolve around Jazz based products. 
There's a specific forum for DXL - 
I suggest you to raise it there as well.

permanent link
Bill Fetech (6) | answered Dec 15 '14, 1:25 p.m.

I have taken the script provided by IBM and modified it to properly parse the key strings and create the links between the two modules selected by the user.  I am attaching that script and I have included comments at the beginning of the script discussing my changes.  Each line/section that was changed, added, or removed is annotated with a comment like // Added my MITRE.

I have tested this modified script and it appears to work properly.

The script is available on the Developers Works site.

Bill Fetech, The MITRE Corporation.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.