It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to make current be a specific baseline?

Christopher Cote (1517) | asked Aug 16 '21, 11:53 a.m.

I have a module in which, after a few baselines, we added a new attribute.  I want to create a function that compares 2 baselines based on this new attribute.  I've tried using the exists function, but it only checks if the attribute is in the Current baseline of the module. Is there a way to set Current to be a specific baseline of a module?  I want to give a message box if the user selects one of the baselines that doesn't have the attribute, since I get an error if I try to check the value of an attribute that doesn't exist in a baseline.  Otherwise, is there another way to test if the attribute exists in the baseline I'm checking?

Chris Cote

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bartosz Chrabski (3.4k22949) | answered Aug 16 '21, 1:27 p.m.

Chris,

Baselines are taken per project area or component (if You use configuration management). At this point it is not possible to set a specific baseline to the module.

You can check if attribute exists in the baseline by using compare function between baselines.

Potential way to solve it, is using DNG Widget API and writing simple script that will check this.

Hope this is answering You question.

Christopher Cote selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.