It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Turn of Create Work Item option in associate work item dialog box during check in and deliver?

kuo hao tah (1142830) | asked Nov 07 '12, 12:50 a.m.
Hi there,

Is it possible to turn of 'Create Work Item' option in associate work item dialog box during check in and deliver?

I would like this option to not be available, because we're expecting users to create work items using the other work items editors (work item editor, plan editor, inline work item editor).

Thanks,
KH

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 07 '12, 2:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

this is, as far as I can tell, not possible today. I am however confused, why it should make a difference which editor is used. The work items created are simply the same and all rules apply regardless where the work item is created.

permanent link
Mike Shkolnik (9808161143) | answered May 15 '13, 5:12 p.m.
This is desired for us as well. They are only supposed to be working on items that are already in the backlog. A work item created as part of a delivery will not be in the proper hierarchy. It will also likely be a duplicate of an existing work item.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.