It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible that .jazz5 causes build/validation error in IBM integration Designer?

Donaldas Ivanauskas (111) | asked Oct 25 '12, 8:07 a.m.
Good day, maybe someone will be able to help me with some issues related to Jazz/RTC
Error is thrown after I load source form Jazz repositories and try to build it in IBM Integration Designer 7.5.1:
Errors occurred during the build.
Errors running builder 'Integration Module Builder (Before Java Build)' on project 'oidh_eacm_to_ait_static_flow'.
java.lang.NullPointerException: com.ibm.wbit.sib.mfc.validation.utils.MFCValidationUtils.loadModel(MFCValidationUtils.java:211)
java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException: com.ibm.wbit.sib.mfc.validation.utils.MFCValidationUtils.loadModel(MFCValidationUtils.java:211)
Errors running builder 'Integration Module Builder (Before Java Build)' on project 'oidh_eacm_to_ait_flow'.

Notes:
1. Error is thrown only for mediation modules;
2. If I import same projects to other workspace error is not thrown;
3. If I disconnect source from source control (via team->disconnect) error is not thrown;
4. Workspace is build without errors if hidden folder .jazz5 not exists in workspace folder (notes 2 and 3);

Some output from log file:
!SUBENTRY 1 com.ibm.wbit.command.framework 4 4 2012-10-25 14:45:37.348
!MESSAGE java.lang.NullPointerException: com.ibm.wbit.sib.mfc.validation.utils.MFCValidationUtils.loadModel(MFCValidationUtils.java:211)
!STACK 0
    at com.ibm.wbit.sib.mfc.validation.utils.MFCValidationUtils.loadModel(MFCValidationUtils.java:211)
    at com.ibm.wbit.sib.mfc.validation.utils.MFCValidationUtils.getMFCResourceFromMedflowImpl(MFCValidationUtils.java:590)
    at com.ibm.wbit.sib.mfc.validation.MediationFlowValidationCommand.execute(MediationFlowValidationCommand.java:139)
    at com.ibm.wbit.command.internal.LazyCommandProxy.execute(LazyCommandProxy.java:113)
    at com.ibm.wbit.command.internal.CommandVisitAdapter.doVisit(CommandVisitAdapter.java:164)
    at com.ibm.wbit.command.internal.CommandVisitAdapter.visit(CommandVisitAdapter.java:76)
    at com.ibm.wbit.command.internal.resource.ResourceDeltaMask.accept(ResourceDeltaMask.java:262)
    at com.ibm.wbit.command.internal.resource.ResourceDeltaMask.accept(ResourceDeltaMask.java:286)
    at com.ibm.wbit.command.internal.resource.ResourceDeltaMask.accept(ResourceDeltaMask.java:226)
    at com.ibm.wbit.command.impl.CompositeCommand.doResourceOrResourceDeltaVisit(CompositeCommand.java:132)
    at com.ibm.wbit.command.impl.CompositeCommand.execute(CompositeCommand.java:536)
    at com.ibm.wbit.command.builder.CommandBuilder.doBuild(CommandBuilder.java:392)
    at com.ibm.wbit.command.builder.CommandBuilder.build(CommandBuilder.java:184)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:629)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)

Is it possible that IID tries to build the content under .jazz5 folder? If so how it would be prossible to remove it from build/validate process?

thanks in advance.

Comments
Dragoslav Stankovic commented Oct 26 '12, 6:25 a.m. | edited Jan 24 '13, 4:37 p.m.

I have the same problem... First, I thought that I installed JTS with errors. I have checked all versions starting from version 3.0.1.1., but always the same, same error... Btw, I'm using IID 7.5.1. with the latest updates.

May somebody from Jazz reply on this, please?

Thanks in advance...

2 answers

permanent link
Dragoslav Stankovic (112) | answered Jan 24 '13, 11:35 a.m.
This is the problem within IID. We have opened PMR 2 months ago, and today we got interim fix which finally solved our issue (in mean time, we got some interim fix, but they were not correct).

Comments
Hansin Vogado commented Jan 24 '13, 12:17 p.m.

I have the same problem. Where I could find this interim fix?

Tim Mok commented Jan 24 '13, 4:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You should go through IBM support so that they will get the fix to you if you aren't on a version of IID that has the fix.

Dragoslav Stankovic commented Jan 25 '13, 5:08 a.m.

Unfortunately, I don't have any link since we got this iFix as result to our PMR. This is still test iFix but we had no time to waist so we applied it. I'm sure that there will be official release soon (this is the ID of the iFix: BPMID-IFJR45116). If you can't wait any more, I suggest you to open PMR and request this iFix. Hope this will help.

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jan 24 '13, 4:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is definitely a problem with IID. Directories that begin with a '.' are meant to be hidden and shouldn't affect other applications. Removing the .jazz5 directory would be bad for RTC. It contains the metadata about your shares. Without it, RTC SCM won't be able to function properly.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.