It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Project Area Properties are not part of process sharing functionality

Ana Lopez-Mancisidor (25648967) | asked Oct 24 '12, 11:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 29 '12, 1:39 a.m. by David Olsen (5237)
Hi,

I would like to use new process sharing functionality included in RQM 4.0 to share a process between a Provider and a Consumer Project Area. I have been doing some tests, and it works fine with roles, permissions... but the sharing does not include RQM ProjectArea custom properties as artifact categories and custom attributes for test plans.

When I include a new artifact category in the Provider process this is not replicated and inherited in the Consumer process. Is there any other way to apply automatically changes in Project Area Properties from a provider to multiple suppliers? Or any plan to include these capabilities in future release?

Many thanks,

Ana

2 answers

permanent link
Marcelo Ramos (1013) | answered Oct 28 '12, 6:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Ana, 

Unfortunately, no. Currently (RQM 4.0), the configurations made in the Project Properties page, including categories and custom attributes, cannot be shared across projects. However, the Process Sharing capabilities does allow you to share process based configurations, such as Workflows, Priorities and Operation Behavior (preconditions and follow-ups.)

You are welcome to submit an enhancement request using the following link: Submit an enhancement request

José Marcelo Ramos Barragán
Rational Quality Manager development

permanent link
Darshan Patel (7133) | answered Jun 28 '13, 8:48 a.m.

is this implemented in any v4.0.3? or we still don't have any enhancement request?

Comments
kavita herur commented Jul 13 '15, 1:15 a.m.

Hi All,

I am also looking for same feature, is this been implemented in RQM 6.0

Thanks,
Kavita

Christophe Telep commented Jul 27 '16, 8:48 a.m. | edited Jul 27 '16, 8:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi,

This is still an opened enhancement request as of RQM 6.0.2.

Please see: 83013: push process template changes to existing projects

Thanks,
Christophe

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.