It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What permissions required to deploy predefined link types?

Stephen Rooks (18231825) | asked Oct 16 '12, 10:37 a.m.
As a user I have JazzAdmin and JazzProjectAdmin permissions and a Design Manager license, however when I try to deploy the predefined link types (for DWA ) I get the following:

"You do not have permission to deploy predefined link types. Please contact your server administrator"

What am I doing wrong?

S

Accepted answer

permanent link
W Diu (58026) | answered Oct 17 '12, 10:10 a.m.

Please choose the "Manage This Project Area" menu item from the "Application Administration" menu, then click on the "Permissions" link on the left of the page.  Select "Team Configuration" from the "Configuration" tree and then select a role from the "Roles" list.  Now ensure "Design Management" -> "Project Link Types" -> "Create a link type" is checked and press the Save button.

Next, associate the role with the desired user by clicking on the "Overview" link at the left of the page.  Scroll to the "Members" section and find the user you wish to associate the role with.  Then, choose the option to "Edit Process Roles" and add the appropriate role.

Daniel Leroux selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Oct 17 '12, 7:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have not tried this myself, but from looking at the documentation, it looks like you can modify permissions for specific actions:  http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rdmhelp/v4/topic/com.ibm.dm.admin.doc/topics/t_linking_projperm.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.