It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to configure the design management server to use the Jazz team server of other CLM applications

Rohan De Noronha (1122) | asked Sep 21 '13, 12:34 a.m.
edited Sep 21 '13, 12:37 a.m.
How can I install Design Management onto an existing, shared Jazz Team Server that includes the full set of Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) capabilities? as I understand the Design Management Server is not included in the Rational solution for CLM

Can anyone provide some useful links or information on the same?

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 21 '13, 12:47 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 For all I know, You have to install all applications, including DM into one empty location and then restore the files for the other servers. You also have to run the setup for DM and register it to the JTS. See https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/BackupCLM for what you need to do for backup. I would consider to test this on a test system first.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Sep 21 '13, 8:29 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Last I checked, DM had to have its own JTS, and could not share a JTS with other CLM applications.
But that was a while ago, and I know that at the time, it was a high priority to make this possible, so maybe it has already happened, or at least, will be delivered soon.  If one of the DM product managers or architects don't respond to this question soon, I'll ping them to find out the current story.

permanent link
Manoj Panda (39336662) | answered Sep 22 '13, 2:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Rohan,

I have done this once, like installing DM on top of CLM (RRC,RQM,RTC). Download the complete JTS which will have DM as well. (https://jazz.net/downloads/design-management/releases/4.0.4/RSA-DM-Servers-4.0.4.zip)

While installing , the IM manager will indicate that, you only need to install the DM as you already installed the other application.

Then follow the infocenter help, for creating the Database and runn the setup.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.