It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I update the LDAP password in RTC after changing it on LDAP server?

Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | asked Oct 11 '12, 8:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The User that I use to connect to the LDAP server had the password changed and now I cannot seem to start RTC due to authentication errors.

WARNING: Exception performing authentication
javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr:DSID-0C090334, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 52e, vece ]

I tried using a clear text password in the teamserver.properties file with no luck.
com.ibm.team.repository.ldap.registryPassword=MyPassword

Any other ideas?
I'm using Active Directory if that makes a difference.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jared Russell (1.3k12019) | answered Oct 11 '12, 9:45 a.m.
edited Oct 11 '12, 9:46 a.m.
This might work but I'm not 100%:
  • Make a backup of your teamserver.properties file
  • Remove the com.ibm.team.repository.user.registry.type=LDAP property so that your Jazz server reverts back to local app server authentication
  • Add a user with the JazzAdmin role to your app server's user repository (e.g. tomcat-users.xml for Tomcat)
  • Start the app server (I assume you've updated the bind password in your app server?)
  • Login to the JTS using your JazzAdmin user
  • Run through the /jts/setup and set-up the LDAP settings again when you get to the authentication page
Karl Weinert selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Karl Weinert commented Oct 11 '12, 11:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Jared,
Actually I had forgotten to update the bind password in the  server.xml  file under the .\server\tomcat\conf directory.
Once that was changed I was able to start the server and update the password under the advanced properties

(I did forget to mention I was using tomcat.)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.