It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I update the LDAP password in RTC after changing it on LDAP server?

Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | asked Oct 11 '12, 8:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The User that I use to connect to the LDAP server had the password changed and now I cannot seem to start RTC due to authentication errors.

WARNING: Exception performing authentication
javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr:DSID-0C090334, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 52e, vece ]

I tried using a clear text password in the teamserver.properties file with no luck.
com.ibm.team.repository.ldap.registryPassword=MyPassword

Any other ideas?
I'm using Active Directory if that makes a difference.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jared Russell (1.3k12019) | answered Oct 11 '12, 9:45 a.m.
edited Oct 11 '12, 9:46 a.m.
This might work but I'm not 100%:
  • Make a backup of your teamserver.properties file
  • Remove the com.ibm.team.repository.user.registry.type=LDAP property so that your Jazz server reverts back to local app server authentication
  • Add a user with the JazzAdmin role to your app server's user repository (e.g. tomcat-users.xml for Tomcat)
  • Start the app server (I assume you've updated the bind password in your app server?)
  • Login to the JTS using your JazzAdmin user
  • Run through the /jts/setup and set-up the LDAP settings again when you get to the authentication page
Karl Weinert selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Karl Weinert commented Oct 11 '12, 11:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Jared,
Actually I had forgotten to update the bind password in the  server.xml  file under the .\server\tomcat\conf directory.
Once that was changed I was able to start the server and update the password under the advanced properties

(I did forget to mention I was using tomcat.)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.