It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I integrate Rational Software Architect 8.5 with Rational Asset Manager 7.5.1 to compose library models?

Yuri Kilian (3113) | asked Oct 08 '12, 2:23 a.m.
Hello!

I'm trying to find a way to use a uml model in RSA to create and transform into a Library with asset types definitions, categories definitions, etc to import in Rational Asset Manager.

I read this paper that use RSA 7.5 and an older version of RAM: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/08/0923_larsen/ but i'm using RSA 8.5 and dont work.

Have a documentation that i can read about this same funcionality expressed in paper for newers versions of these softwares?

In RAM and RSA documentations the only explanation is to reuse a whole model and not to generate a library to import in RAM.

I know that I can use the wizards of RAM administration but in a case that I need to define a large library the work is more costly and of course a visual modeling is great to explain for others.

Grateful for the attention.

Yuri

Comments
Yuri Kilian commented Oct 08 '12, 12:57 p.m.

Someone? 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Grant Larsen (2612) | answered Oct 08 '12, 4:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yuri,

I coded the RSA plugin which configures RAM asset types, category schemas, relationship types and so forth. I used two APIs to do this...the RSA UML2 API and the RAM Java API. As you can tell I have not yet upgraded the plugin to RSA 8.

I also created a UML profile in RSA to handle some of the RAM semantics in the model. This plugin works in a bi-directional manner. But, if you code this yourself you may suffice by reading the UML model and updating the RAM configuration.

Currently the repository-level RAM configuration is updated and not any of the community-level configurations.

Thanks,
Grant Larsen

Yuri Kilian selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Yuri Kilian commented Oct 08 '12, 4:15 p.m.

Thank you for your answer 

I'll stduy this way but I have a other question that is:

Can I use RSA 7.0 and RAM configurator and try upload this model in RAM 7.5.1? 
I saw this technote: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21329174 and its probaly that I can make this?

Yuri 

One other answer

permanent link
Yuri Kilian (3113) | answered Oct 09 '12, 11:25 p.m.
 Grant Larsen

Thanks for your explanations. I solved my problem using RSA 7.0 with RAM 7.5. This works fine.

The reason that I cannot use the API's at this moment  is because I'm making a thesis and cannot add more work to validate. But your simple explanation about these API's helped open my mind.

Thank you for attention.

Att,
Yuri

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.