It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Workflows/Lifecycles in RAM

Sravani Kare (111) | asked Sep 04 '12, 12:46 a.m.

I am new to RAM,

Can anyone suggest me, to create custom workflows/lifecycle without using RTC.

Iam using RAM 7.5.0.2 and i do not have any information about RTC (Which comes with RAM by default).

If RTC is there in 7.5.0.2 by default, then how to make use of it (Please let me know with the navigations) to create or update workflows?

Regards,

Sravani

2 answers

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Sep 04 '12, 12:10 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It's all in the help.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ramhelp/v7r5m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.ram.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_asset_lifecycle.html

Comments
Sravani Kare commented Sep 05 '12, 12:47 a.m.

Thanks, Richard But I already gone through these help links, I found only way to create new workflows is "RTC". So i am looking for other way for this. Can you help me on this, to create workflow without any point of contact with RTC? Thanks.

Rich Kulp commented Sep 05 '12, 2:28 p.m.

The documentation says RTC. RTC is the only way.

permanent link
Gili Mendel (1.8k56) | answered Sep 10 '12, 7:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
A lifecycle in RAM is based on RTC workflows... if you are to modify an existing workflow, or add a new one, you will have to interact with the RTC that RAM is using.  In 7.5.0.2 it is RTC 2.0.x.  You will have to have and Eclipse rich client to motify the workflow.

RAM 7.5.1.2 (coming up in 1Q) will be based on RTC 4.x.  You an modify workflows from a browser at this level.

Comments
Sravani Kare commented Sep 10 '12, 9:03 a.m.

Thank you Gili Mendel... So we need to write some java code for the workflows, and for that RTC is providing some API's ....Isn't it?

Rich Kulp commented Sep 10 '12, 12:21 p.m.

No you don't need java code. Using the Eclipse RTC client you can use the RTC's UI on the Eclipse client to update the workflows.

In RAM 7.5.1.2 (which uses RTC 4) you can use the Web browser to update the workflows.

In neither case is Java code required (in fact using RTC Java code to update a workflow is very difficult because you need to work directly with XML in addition to the Java code).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.