It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom CSS for WebUI

Andreas Rauckenberger (312) | asked Sep 14 '12, 10:48 a.m.
edited Sep 14 '12, 10:53 a.m.
Hi,

is it possible to customize any node in the WebUI of RTC with a Custom Theme including a CSS as it is descibed here -> Theming

I've already uploaded a zip containing a css that tries to modify the WebUI and activated it. But it seems that it is not included when i open the page i tried to modify.

here is the content of the css(should modify the wikimarkup tables, the first 2 rules were for testing only):

.detailsSplitTableWrapper {
    background-color: lightblue;
}

.default_WTH .odd td {
    background-color: lightgray;
}
.default_WTH th {
    background-color: lightblue;
    border: black solid 1px;
}
.default_WTH,.default_WTH td,.default_WTH th {  
    border: black solid 1px;
    border-collapse: collapse;
    padding: 5px;
}

Is it even possible to modify these elements? Or have i done something wrong?

Thanks for your Answers.

ps: The used Version is 3.0, but we get 4.0 in late October.

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Boyer (812) | answered Sep 17 '12, 1:21 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The 5 Themable Nodes are documented in the Theming Wiki page 

The content can be provided as JavaScript dijits or as html static content in the theme.  The JavaScript dijits can be in any JavaScript (.js) file in the theme.  The html content has to be in specifically named files.

See Custom HTML and Custom Javascript in the documentation to find the specific names.
Andreas Rauckenberger selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
David Boyer commented Sep 17 '12, 1:22 p.m. | edited Sep 17 '12, 1:22 p.m.

The JavaScript dijits take precedence over the html content.

Andreas Rauckenberger commented Sep 18 '12, 5:33 a.m.

thanks for your help

One other answer

permanent link
David Boyer (812) | answered Sep 14 '12, 11:28 a.m.
First of all we don't recommend playing with CSS outside of content you add to Themable nodes.  The CSS of the Web UI provided by RTC is not part of our APIs that we support across releases.  If you do make these changes they are not changes that we can guarantee will work in future releases, or that we will notify our customers about changes that may affect them. 

Some things to try: 

1.  Clear your cache, we've experienced some issues with caching, but only in the session that sets the theme.  After it's been set, any other login should see the content.  This doesn't always happen, we're looking at fixing this in future releases.
2.  Use Firebug or Chrome/Safari's developer tools to verify that the css content is coming into the page.  Look for a call to /<root>/_theming/allThemeCSS
3.  Then I'd verify that the rules are applicable to the elements and not being overridden by more specific css rules.

Let me know if that helps.

Comments
Andreas Rauckenberger commented Sep 17 '12, 2:36 a.m.

Thanks for your help, i will try this. But I still have a question.

How can i find out which nodes are themable? Is there a document where i can find this information?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.