It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Flow Target

Rainy John (381226) | asked Nov 22 '13, 4:07 a.m.
retagged Dec 16 '13, 5:50 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

I am delivering my change sets from my workspace to Stream A. I want to have inputs coming to A from another stream B. But don't want to flow changes from A to B.

How can this be achieved?

Comments
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross commented Nov 22 '13, 5:02 a.m. | edited Nov 22 '13, 10:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Might you expain, why you are looking for that funtionality?

Rainy John commented Nov 22 '13, 5:18 a.m.

I am automating builds using Build Definition of RTC and Jenkins.

My changesets will go from Stream A to an automated build work space (say, ws1) and from there if the build is success it will go to another integration workspace where changes from other similar streams are also built.

If Integration build is success, the components are (expected to be post-delivered - which is not happening now) moved  to stream B.

Since I am depending on other team's components, I want the changesets from B; but I don't want to directly deliver to B since it has to pass through automated build.

2 answers

permanent link
Sumant Renukarya (1.1k23339) | answered Nov 22 '13, 4:44 a.m.
I do not believe it is possible to achieve what you are looking for.  

You can just ignore and not accept the changes at stream B, for the changes coming in from stream A.

Both repository workspace and streams work in the same way and is bidirectional. 

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Nov 22 '13, 7:09 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.